In Gibsonville’s immediate area, we have access to regional destinations as follows:
- A High Quality Educational Provider: Elon University is a private liberal arts university known for business, communications, and law programs positioned over two campus. In 2016, there were 6,739 students enrolled in Elon with the majority of these students on their immaculate 636 acre campus (in the town of Elon).
- A Significant Employment Generator: Rock Creek Center is the largest industrial park in the Triad region (1,400 acres). This location offers access to 70% of the US population within a two day drive. Active operations include Lenovo, Red Oak Brewery, Serta, Zink, and many others.
- Prominent Recreational Amenities: Northeast Park and Springwood Park are regional, larger acreage parks. Northeast Park is a 374 acre Guilford County park featuring an aquatic center and extensive outdoor natural areas. Springwood Park is a 78 acre city of Burlington park which offers regulation fields, an extensive walking track, and disc golf. See Recreation for more information on these and other recreational offerings.
- A Regional Medical Center. Alamance Regional is a 238 bed hospital run by regional provider Cone Health. This location is within the top five in the region for number for surgeries and procedures performed (2016).
- A Senior Community with Capacity: Twin Lakes is the largest continuing care community in the Triad region. Established in 1983, this project offers 560+ units on 210 acres (2016).
- A Premier Shopping Destination. Alamance Crossing Town Center is the fourth largest shopping destination in the Triad (855,000 SF in 2016). The only larger are Hanes Mall / Winston, Friendly Center / Greensboro, and Four Seasons Mall / Greensboro. If you include the University Commons (357,000 SF), the Holly Hill Mall (480,000 SF), this area offers over 1.69 millon SF of amenities and services.
While Gibsonville features its own particular character, we are bolstered by access to the considerable resources above.